The Morgeez Rap Battle Royale has certain expectation from all Rappers who will be participating in the competition. Hence it is very important for rappers to take note of the below:
Once the competition has kicked off, it will last for 13 straight weeks. Every week will emerge winners who will be proceeding to the next rounds. Look out for competition schedule.
Criteria for Entry into the Competition
- This is an open competition. However, admission is strictly reserved for those who had bought their entry ticket at the Morgeez Store.
- Recommended age is 18years and up to 25years old male or female rappers.
- Contestants younger than 17 (seventeen) requires to submit a parents or guardians consents.
- Entry for the competition is your receipt of Ticket Purchase at the Morgeez Official Store. This is to curb chance takers and unserious individuals or groups.
Criteria for Performance
- Rappers should come with an instrumental version of their track on a USB device.
- Rappers without any recorded track shall perform without any backing track
- Freestyle Segment – where Rappers goes head to head in secs battle shall also apply to measure creativity, confidence and level of spontaneous performances.
Performance Evaluation Process
- Contestants shall be shortlisted as per final evaluation of performance videos.
- Contestants shall be notified of final judging/performance verdicts between 14 – 21 working days after the competition via authorized and valid emails supplied by contestants.
- Shortlisted or selected contestants may be called-back to battle it all out again at a fixed date to determine overall winner of the Edition.
- Up to 10 additional runner ups might also be chosen but without a price to join the Morgeez Records Family. These will form part of our hip hop groups as backing rapper, hype rappers that will be backing our overall winner during performances and recordings. Great exposure and development opportunity.
Criteria for Judging the Final Contest
1. The judging process will include evaluation of video clips of performances by contestants. And these video clips can only be evaluated after the day of the competition.
2. The Judges or moderators will and can only inform the final verdicts of the contestants performances at a later date via emails. At least 14 working days but not later than 21 days after competition day.
3. In the case of lack of clear cut winners, a call-back to selected contestants shall be issued within 7 days after the competition. These contestants will then be given a chance to re-battle at a later date.
4. Decision by the judges is final. There is no appeal process. PROTEST – are prohibited and will not be accepted regarding any score or result of a decision. Learn more on Judging criteria.